Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 27th,beautiful evening!


Whats a beautiful evening its was. Back here in Patiala, there was a mild thunderstorm in the evening followed by dust bowl state and finally an exquisite site of sun melting behind the clouds below the horizon.Perfect to excite me.

The Sun actually melted away since i was gazing at it for an hour , non stop.I was sitting at the corner of the football field,under a huge range of tall trees , reading 'Motorcycle Diaries' ,all alone.It was getting dark and the combination of the wind,trees and the slight drizzle made it a melancholic sight and i just sighed. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I repeated this like ten times till the feeling started to go away.But no sooner had i stopped thinking about it than the wilderness of the trees nearby started caressing my senses and all the melancholy came knocking at the doors of my heart all over again.

I sat there after the sunset for another hour. Then, I stood up to realize that my right foot has completely frozen. I, like a crippled voyager, long hairs all covered with dust and a face of disdain, limped for a while.Soon i was walking straight , emerging from the dark corner of the field.I walkman played ' I drove all night by Roy Orbison and i literally shouted the song ( its close to my heart).My singing amused the wild birds around and i think even the retreating clouds of birds might have noticed me.The Sun had finally settled in some another world and i could no longer see it.But what was still left was a narrow gleam of light,very sharp and bright.The moon had started emerging from the thick clouds.

I called someone and it was not picked up.I use my mobile so rarely and still its of no use. Ha ha :). Its time i withdraw from it totally. Back in my room, all in dirt and filth, i took to the bathroom.Now the fresh cold water was carefully dripping through my hairs to my body. What a feeling! A very complete afternoon. It just lacked maa and chai! :(

Until next time,
Cheers!

5 comments:

:-::IsHa::-: said...

awww..my sho!
that was such a refreshing post! A few grammatical errors here and there and some wrong subject-verb agreements,but other than that,I love your blogposts!
this was beautiful!
Keep writing and enlightening me! I have so much to learn from you baby!
take careee
toodles!
loveee
xoxo(:

Itty Gupta said...

lovely piece. seemed straight out of the literary pieces of one of those great Indian novelists.

shubham said...

i know its an enigma! nature has it own mysterious way of expressing something which generates pathos and pleasure at the same time.i guess its just the nature's way of saying: when i am with you, you'll never be alone.
anyways, good post. keep them coming.

Shobhit said...

@Itty Bhabhi: I appreciate your sense of favouritism for your devar.Ha ha, i guess i will have ur unconditional love and support forever.Thank you for elevating me where i will someday belong.

@Isha : Yes.Grammar is a problem.But when you feel so strong after an experience and start writing, you feel your fingers slipping past the keypad so fast.I think i took 5 minutes to write this and that why the intensity of the post was felt by the readers.
Thanks for the overall analysis.
Glad u felt enlightened INSANE INTELLIGENCE.Hope to chat up soon. Take care.

@Shubham : I think i will understand it someday or will get lost in understanding it.

Unknown said...

:)......
lost and confused though i feel right now... the lines make believe... there is still hope....